Monday, July 31, 2006

Rove vs. truth, fairness, justice

Presidential adviser Karl Rove said Saturday that journalists often criticize political professionals because they want to draw attention away from the "corrosive role" their own coverage plays in politics and government.

In a blatant use of newspeak, Rove attempts to draw attention away from the corrosive role political professionals play in politics and government and tar journalists with it. Spectacular. It's difficult to know whether he actually believes what he's saying--but I bet he does, because I think he really does hate the press.

What's certain is that Rove has been effective in raising the ire of American voters and turning it into Republican votes. I wish the Democrats had a Rove. I hate my life.

6 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I agree, he's a total genius. I love the backhanded compliment for voters saying that they aren't manipulated by a clever ad, especially when framed against the Swift Boat Vets or that picture of Kerry barely catching a football...

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Justin said...

how about you finally fix my freaking link?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

What?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roth said...

But isn't there something to be said for having moral superiority?

Then again, that tactic may not be choc full o' "pragmatacism"

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jonathan Roth said...

oh, and hi. How's life going? This is nick, right?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Change it to just "Poetry and Scotch" and not "Threat of the Poetry and Scotch of the Future" or whatever. and send me my shoes. and maybe a belt? a brown one? did I leave that too? I can't find it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home