Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Blogversating with j. morgan.

me: Question:
Was Judge Reggie Walton just doing his job in the Libby case, or does he have nerves of steel to mete the sentence he did?
I'm going with the latter.


Joshua: I'm with you on this one.
I just checked, Walton was appointed by Bush
that complicates things considerably

me: I saw that.
Hey, Patrick Fitzgerald is a Republican too.
Democrats don't have a monopoly on integrity.

Joshua: That'll do just fine

me: Indeed
It's nice to live in a country where you aren't killed for sentencing presidential aides.
Though it does seem to me that Cheney, Rove etc. don't particularly care for this setup.

Joshua: Agreed
or rather, they want such a setup to be flexible so that it mostly is the case except for when it shouldn't be

me: Yes, much better put.
They don't actually want us to be, say, Egypt.
They do want some powers reserved for themselves, though.

Joshua: right
it is this sort of arrogance that allows them to think that they can be trusted with power rather than systems in times of need but others can't

me: Right.
Is that too sophisticated a point for the American public to grasp?

Joshua: not at all

me: Good

Joshua: the trouble is that a large portion of the American people think that's okay because they share the hubris
they think they also could make the right call when given power
it probably has to do with having a southern accent and going to a megachurch or something
so they trust those people because they trust themselves

3 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

Favourite line: Josh: "That'll do just fine."

Do I sense a sneaking suspicion of the aristocracy?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger RJ said...

I agree. They can't be trusted to make the right call. I sure would though.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Mair said...

I'm just glad that Joshua said something negative about southern accents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home